Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Things to Obsess About: Finals Week



As finals week continues I find I have a two day lull in my schedule. It seems some of my online classes don't open the final until the actual due date of the exam. I bet thats going to go well when 100 students are trying to submit a 100 question exam all before 11:59 pm. At any rate this lull gives me more time to organize notes and study the tough stuff. But I thought I'd take this free time to list all the things I'm grateful I have an abundance of this week. 



Coffee K-cups
Waking up is hard to do. Even more so when you'd just spent most of the night wide awake trying to argue with yourself about the opportunity cost of rearranging your bedroom at 2 in the morning instead of sleeping. Thats why I love my Caribou coffee. Unfortunately even though Caribou is the second largest coffee retailer in the country there are zero in the Orlando area, which means I have to resort to the K-cups; which lets face it are cheaper and easier than going to the cafe.

New Pens
I think like most people new office supplies makes me beyond happy. The feel of a fully inked up pen dripping as I scratch my name is truly truly truly one of the best feelings in the world. These pens by the Write Dudes are perfect for regular everyday pens, and these gel pens from Yoobie are amazing for adding a pop of color in my agenda and notes

Reading for Fun
It's not often I'm calm enough to sit down and read for forty minutes but when I find that time I like to take full advantage of it by reading just about anything I can get my coffee stained hands on. I recently ordered "Writing Enthographic Fieldnotes" off amazon, and it has yet to disappoint. To my dismay, I'm terrible at writing fieldnotes, and as proof of that, I've been taking notes on the book and I've mostly rewritten it. I suggest picking up a copy to anyone who wants a practical way to take fieldnotes.

No comments :

Post a Comment